Using ITSM Kaizen to Improve Service Delivery
“Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand.”
ITSM Kaizen, which leverages a philosophy of continuous improvement, offers a five-step approach that lets you move forward with confidence as you enhance your service-management capability. This includes:
- Building a proper configuration management database (CMDB) to identify and understand the relationships between and among all your IT components
- Creating a roadmap that defines how to assess and gather data related to your current organizational and technical capabilities
- Extracting the data needed to analyze and optimize processes
- Implementing improvements
- Combining the results into a business case that proves IT’s value
ITSM Kaizen offers a structured way to help you understand your current level of service capability and expense, while assessing related service impacts on enterprise operations. From this vantage point, and with the help of those closest to service processes, you can begin to institute small, but ongoing changes, to continually improve service operations, cut costs, and provide significant value to your company.
Working with Unisys, you can implement ITSM Kaizen best practices so that the process of change is less daunting, and the results more rewarding.
To learn more about the idea of ITSM Kaizen and how to make it part of your continuous improvement process, download a copy of our eBook.